Articles of Association
In the Name of God, the Almighty
Articles of Association for Iranian Research Institute for Information Science and Technology affiliated with Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
For the purpose of meeting a part of the state research needs in the area of information science and technology and also management of scientific documentations, Iranian Research Institute for Information Science and Technology, affiliated with Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, is incorporated on the basis of licenses no v/7991 dated August 22, 2005 and 22/12642/13793 dated Oct. 27, 2009 of the Council for Development of Higher Education and as per Objects, Duties and Organization Act of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (approved on Aug. 8, 2004) the provisions of this Articles of Association, laws, and related rules and regulations.
In these articles of association, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology is called “the ministry “, and the “Iranian Research Institute for Information Science and Technology” is called “the institute” in brief.
Article 1- Objectives
1. Development of Research on information science and technology, knowledge management and information society
2. Paving the ground for promotion of related research activates?
3. Mission orientation? in developing research in the area of information science and technology and attaining new science and technology in the abovementioned areas so that it could supply supremacy in this area in the country.
4. Paving the ground for promotion of research activities related to knowledge management, information society, information science and technology and innovation in the above mentioned areas
5. Commercialization of research achievements
6. Development and supply of services on knowledge management, information management and science and technology information service
7. Publicizing application of information technology and scientific and technological information
Article 2-Duties and Powers
A. Research Activities
1. Providing the necessary and appropriate facilities for related research activities within the framework of value basics of Islamic Revolution.
2. Considering and identification of research needs in the area of information science and technology.
3. Implementing basic, applied and developmental research plans (initiatives), for realization of the institute objectives.
4. Research cooperation with research institutes and universities inside and outside the country for the purpose of promoting research activities in the area of information science and technology with observance of laws and regulations
5. Rendering consulting services to natural persons and legal entities on the basis of findings of scientific and research activities carried out in the institute
6. Publishing journals, scientific books, educational manuals, producing software and computer programs appropriate with the objectives of the institute as per related rules and regulations;
7. Holding scientific conferences and presenting research achievements in the form of workshops while observing the related rules and regulations
B: Services of Information and Information Management
1. Collecting, organization, storage, preservation, retrieval, analysis and dissemination of the state scientific and technological information and documentation including theses and dissertations of master’s and PhD degrees graduates of inside or outside the country, seminar papers, researchers and experts’ particulars, research initiatives, information regarding patent, scientific software and backup information thereto including information on organizations and individuals;
2. Management of document supply and accessibility to documents and international science and technology information needed by the researchers;
3. Management of document supply and accessibility to documents and science and technology information collected by the institute in national and international levels;
4. Publishing index books, Abstract books,, statistics books, glossaries and thesauri;
5. Accepting agency??? By natural persons or legal entities and cooperating with other internal and external organizations with observance of related rules and regulations;
C: Development of Information Technology Application in Ministerial and State levels
1. Planning, management and supporting Information Technology projects;
2. Effective organization for application of Information Technology, resource preparation, risk management, coordinating, design and dissemination of standards and regulations;
3. Identifying and reinforcing promoter factors and decreasing preventive factors in Information Technology;
4. Supporting electronic preparation, developing knowledge, insight, and skills of key stakeholders in the area of role and importance of information technology and decreasing digital gap.
5. Providing sweeping information infrastructures
6. Formulating and institutionalizing principles of ethical code for application of information technology
D: Human Resource Development
Educating and promotion of skills, capabilities, knowledge and attitude of human resource working in the area of information science and technology and provision of information services to users of information science and technology and also those interested in information science and technology as per regulations after obtaining the necessary licenses from the concerned authorities.
E: Cooperating and Coordinating
1. Participating in national, regional and international cooperation plans as per rules and regulations
2. Organizing networks of experts of information science and technology as per rules and regulations
3. Planning, implementing, assessing, and coordinating comprehensive plans of resource sharing and cooperation among libraries and information centers;
4. Supporting and managing affairs related to the National System for Management of Science and Technology Information as per rules and regulations
5. Designing and promoting national standards for information services and information technology
Rendering Consulting services for the ministry in designing and operating the system for science and technology information ;
G: Role playing as
1. Representative of the ministry in national and international societies of information and information technology as per rules and regulations
2. Representative of international information and information technology societies in the country and centre of their regional activities as per rules and regulations.
3. Picture and image of the state science and technology
4. A center for registering scientific and technological information as per rules and regulations
5. Coordinator of the state resource sharing and cooperation among libraries plans
6. Operating the national and ministerial system for management of science and technology information as per the approvals of the Steering committee of the mentioned systems.
7. National thought center in the area of information and science and technology information
Article 3. The institute is a legal entity and enjoys financial and administrative independence and it is affiliated with the Ministry of science, research and technology;
Article 4. The institute is located in Tehran. For the purpose of conducting its missions, the institute can take action for establishing agency or affiliated centers with the license of the Council for Development of Higher Education;
Article 5: Pillars
A. Trustee Board
B. The head
C. Research council
The institute works under the supervision of the trustee board elected by the ministry;
Article 7. Powers and Duties of the Trustee Board
1. Ratifying the internal bylaw of the trustee board
2. Ratifying organizational chart and the institute’ organization on the basis of rules and regulations that would be executable after ratification by the minister of science, research and technology;
3. Ratification of financial-transactional, administrative, organizational and employment by-laws(including scientific journeys, scholarships and sabbaticals) that would be executable after the ratification by minister of science, research and technology;
4. Consideration and ratification of annual and master budget of the institute which is proposed by the head of the institute;
5. Ratification of the accounts and annual balance of the institute;
6. Ratification of the manner for collection of ekhtesasi revenues and the consumption thereof while observing concerned rules and regulations;
7. Endeavoring for absorbing financial aids and facilities from natural persons and legal entities while observing concerned rules and regulations;
8. Specifying the manner of management of manufacturing, workshop and servicing units within the framework of concerned rules and regulations;
9. Specifying the amount of research allowance, education allowance, translation allowance and authorship allowance and the like while observing the related rules and regulations;
10. Considering the report of annual performance presented by the head of the institute and expressing their opinion towards it;
Article 8. Head
The head of the institute who is the legal representative of the institute before natural and legal authorities, is appointed from among the members of the scientific board by the order of the minister of science, research , and technology for a 4-year period. The proposal for his/her reappointment is belamane.
Article 9. Duties and powers of the head
Managing and directing the institute’s affairs and supervising over good performance of all the activities thereof within the framework of the articles of association and concerned rules and regulations;
2. Suggesting the structure and organization of the institute to the trustee board for ratification;
3. Suggesting changes to the articles of association and the missions of the institute to the trustee board of the institute;
4. Decision making on policies, priorities, an budgeting of the executive plans, organizational development research and administrative change of the institute;
5. Decision making on policy making, policies and plans for promotion of efficiency in the institute;
6. Issuing the orders of the deputies and managers of the institute and heads of the research centers and research groups on the basis of approved organization;
7. Signing the contracts, administrative and financial instruments within the framework of approved rules and regulations;
8. Drafting and suggesting the annual and master budget to the trustee board for ratification;
9. Drafting and suggesting the annual plan and 5-year plan to the trustee board for ratification;
10. Forwarding (Sending) the minutes of trustee board of the institute to the ministry of science, research and technology;
11. Presenting the report of annual performance of the institute to the trustee board and the ministry of science, research and technology;
Note: The head of the institute can transfer part of his or her administrative and financial powers and duties while observing the concerned regulations and reserving his or her responsibilities to the deputies of the institute.
Article 10.The composition of research council
Head of the Institute(the council head)
2. Research deputy of the institute(the council secretary)
3. The heads of the research centers
4. Two up to five members of the scientific faculty
Note 1: At least 2 persons of clause 4 should be elected from among researchers and scholars out of the institute through the introduction of head of the institute and approval of the research deputy of ministry of science, research and technology;
Note 2: The members mentioned in clause 4, shall be appointed with the order of the institute head and the reappointment of them is permitted (nothing defers them from being reelected)
Article 11- Duties and powers of Research Council
Ratifying the internal bylaw of the council
2. Specifying the policies and scientific, research and educational plans of the institute within the framework of policies and approvals of the ministry;
3. Verifying financial-transactional, administrative and employment by-laws of the institute and proposing thereof to the trustee board;
4. Verifying annual and master budget of the institute and proposing thereof to the trustee board;
5. Verifying research bylaws and manuals of research groups and centers;
6. Considering and verifying the research plans of the institute and supervising over quality and good performance thereof;
7. Considering the progress of research plans as per approved plans and reconsidering and approving the changes thereto if necessary;
8. Identifying referee or referee board for concluded research projects introduced by research deputy of the institute;
9. Assessing the results of educational, research and scientific activities of the institute;
10. Verifying the proposal for incorporation or dissolution of research centers and research groups for submitting to research deputy for the purpose of passing through legal stages;
11. Planning for establishment and deepening of scientific relations with other state educational and research centers and institutes as per concerned rules and regulations;
12. Considering and verifying holding short-term educational courses, seminars and scientific visits;
13. Verifying the bylaws of scientific journeys, scholarship and sabbaticals within the framework of concerned rules and regulations;
14. Considering and verifying scientific journeys, scholarships and sabbaticals for the members of scientific board of the institute as per concerned rules and regulations;
15. Considering and proposing equipmental, publication, information, and scientific needs of the institute to the head of the institute.
16. Ratifying the bylaws of compilation, translation of books and articles and the manner of publishing the findings of research and scientific activities of the institute;
17. Considering and expressing opinion regarding scientific qualifications of the applicants for membership in scientific board of the institute
18. Carrying out other matters trusted to the council by the head or the trustee board of the institute.
Article 12 -. In terms of financial-transactional matters, the institute follows that financial-transactional bylaw that shall be approved by trustee board and the minister of science, research and technology;
Article 13- The scientific selection of the volunteers of membership in scientific board follows the employment bylaw for the members of scientific board of the institute that shall be approves by trustee board and the minister of science, research and technology;
Article 14-.General selection of the volunteers for membership in scientific board of the institute follows approved rules and regulations of the ministry and other qualified authorities.
Article 15- Place, facilities and equipment of the institute should follow the criteria of the ministry;
Article 16-The institute follows all the concerned laws and regulations and approved rules and bylaws by the ministry and other qualified authorities.
Article 17- Financial Resources
Public budget credits
2. Revenues from implementing research plans, rendering consultation services, holding workshops and short term educational courses, and producing scientific products (books, journals,).
3. Assistance received by the ministry and related entities
4. Gifts and assistance received by real persons and legal entities
Article 18- Financial year of the institute consists of one solar year beginning on March 21 of every year and ending to the????? March of the same year.
In the following cases, the institute shall dissolve after approval of the Council for Development of Higher Education
1: Suggestion of the ministry of science, research and technology;
2. In case of violating the regulations of articles of association, approvals and rules of the ministry of science, research and technology and current laws of the country with discretion of the ministry.
Article 20-In case of the original agreement of the council for development of higher education of the ministry with dissolution of the institute, a dissolution board composed of the legal representative of the ministry and the head or one of the institute deputies shall undertake the dissolution affairs with observing legal regulations within the period specified by the council for development of higher education.
Article 21-Within the dissolution period, the ministry is obliged to
Carry out all the commitments of the institute against ministries, state-owned enterprises, non-governmental public institutes, banks, municipalities, other real and legal persons (including staff and members of scientific board), or accept the commitments of the institute with the consent of the owners of rights.
2. Refund all the privileges and assets provided to the institute by the public and governmental resources, banks and municipalities, etc. … or provide the institute with the consent of the owners of rights upon transfer of the mentioned privileges and assets to the institute.
Article 22- After establishing(proving) the implementation of commitments mentioned in Article 21 and settlement of law affairs and final approval of the dissolution of the institute by the council for development of higher education of the ministry, payment of all the debts and declaring the end of the settlement by the dissolution board, the remainder of the assets of the institute shall transfer to the ministry of science, research and technology.
Note: In the above case, dissolution board is obliged to prepare a minute signed by all members of the board and submit a copy thereof to the ministry.
Article 23- Cases not predicted in this articles of association follows the rules of the ministry of science, research and technology and other concerned authorities.
Article 24-Any changes in the provisions of this articles of association is possible with the approval of the council for development of higher
Article 25- This articles of association including 25 articles and 4 notes was approved by the council for development of higher education of the ministry of science, research and technology on Nov. 14, 2009 and it is binding as of notification date and it shall substitute the articles of association of the Iranian Information and Documentation Center approved on Nov. 25, 1991 by the Council for Development of Higher Education.
ارتباط با ما
پرسشهاي رايج |
حریم خصوصی |
مالکیت معنوی |
گزارش اشكال در سايت
Copyright IRANDOC 2001-2011 © تمامی حقوق محفوظ است 1390